Exploring Principles and Practices in Leadership and Ministry
Join the Church of the Resurrection for this brand new network group where we will Come join us for this interactive 2022 Network Group where we will gather virtually to explore principles in leadership and ministry along with practices that guide the outreach, standards, and programs of The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection.
This network will be a combination of participation in ShareChurch trainings, personal and direct interaction with Resurrection staff, and discussion among other network participants to share reflections, best practices, challenges, and successes within your local context.
This Network Group includes:
- An inside look at Resurrection’s principles and evolving practices through eight facilitated monthly discussions that include:
- Access to four virtual ShareChurch* Training events
- In-depth conversations in a subsequent month following the Digital and Online Engagement and Coffee Shop Evangelism Training to debrief, ask questions of the presenters, share best practices with other members of the co-hort, and develop actions steps.
- A one-hour debrief immediately following the Preaching for Impact and Caring for the Congregation Training to debrief, ask questions of the presenters, share best practices with other members of the co-hort, and develop actions steps.
- A facilitated training on the Art of Hospitality in May and Stewardship and Generosity Best Practices in October.
- Resources for each topic provided digitally
- A copy of the Art of Hospitality
- A one-hour scheduled one on one for conversations and/or consulting with Debi or another member of the Resurrection staff
*ShareChurch is a ministry of Church of the Resurrection dedicated to sharing resources to inspire and equip church leaders.
Yearly Investment for this Network Group: 350.00
About your presenter: Debi Nixon
Debi Nixon is the Executive Director of Development at the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS. She is passionate about the renewal of the church and has help lead Church of the Resurrection’s initiatives for leadership training and resource sharing for churches across the country. Debi’s passion for serving customers with excellence started with a 12-year career in sales, directing special events, and retail management. As a young couple looking for a church, Reed and Debi found Church of the Resurrection at it was beginning and still meeting in a funeral home. She started serving as a volunteer and joined the staff in 1994 as the founding children’s ministry director. Over the years she has served in a number of roles including Adult Discipleship, Missions, Capital Campaigns, Regional Campuses Executive Director, and ShareChurch Ministry. Debi has led workshops nationally and internationally on church leadership sharing principles and practices of leading churches that are outwardly focused and practicing radical hospitality. She serves as a laity leader on various Great Plains Annual Conference committees as well as lay leader for the Kansas City District. She and Reed have been married since 1984. Together they treasure time with their two grown children and their families. And if you want to see pure delight, ask her about her grandchildren.
Debi is co-author of The Art of Hospitality and the author of CATCH: A Churchwide Evangelism Program.
Network Group Session Information
This network is geared for both clergy and laity and will meet primarily on Thursdays from 10:00 am CT to 2:00 pm CT, with a dedicated time for a short break or lunch.
Thursday, January 27
Digital Engagement and Online Ministry Training
Resurrection Experience Team
Thursday, February 10
Digital Engagement and Online Ministry One on One Follow-up Conversation
Rev. Ashley Morgan-Kirk
Thursday, March 31
Preaching with Impact Training
Rev. Adam Hamilton
Thursday, May 5
Art of Hospitality
Yvonne Gentile and Debi Nixon
Thursday, June 23
Coffee Shop Evangelism|Reaching Your Community
Rev. Scott Chrostek
Thursday, August 18
Coffee Shop Evangelism|Reaching Your Community One on One Follow up Conversation
Rev. Scott Chrostek
Resurrection’s Annual Leadership Institute Virtual Pass*additional registration cost for in-person experience and travel
Thursday, October 20
Stewardship and Generosity Best Practices
Joe Parks from Horizons Stewardship and Debi Nixon
Thursday, November 3
Caring for Your Congregation
Resurrection Pastors and Congregational
*times subject to change with a detailed schedule finalized by January 15, 2022.